The Sr. Product Designer will own Cruise Critic’s user experience; and will help shape product strategy, UX requirements, and collaborate across all teams to bring products to life with a speed-wins/test and learn mentality. You will understand key user problems via user research and will translate these as well as business needs into UX solutions.
To be successful, you will be passionate about our users and able to design for complex problems, managing multiple stakeholder in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
What you’ll do:
As part of the Product Design team, you will drive the design and evolution of our cross-platform products for researching and planning a cruise. You will partner cross functionally to create a consistent, results-driven experience that delights our users across our different platforms.
As a Sr. Product Designer, your core responsibilities are to:
- Understand our users and our product
- Gather our users’ needs and wishes
- Understand the market and context of cruising
- Understand our product features and its constraints
- Understand what brings value for our users and our business
- Define, with our Product Owners, the future of the cruise planning experience
- Define the interaction workflows on different devices (mobile, desktop, tablet)
- Sketch early low-fi prototypes for cross-device experiences
- Maintain a consistent style guide for our interfaces
- Build and design high-fidelity prototypes
- Work side-by-side with developers during the integration
- Through an iterative process, test and refine your concepts
- Animate qualitative and quantitative user tests
- Based on users’ feedback, provide recommendations for future iterations of your designs
What we are looking for?
- At least 6 years of experience in design.
- At least 1 successful experience designing on a mobile-first approach
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Axure, Usertesting.com etc.
- Passion for design systems and data-informed product design
- Incredible design chops with proven experience shipping customer-centric products
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and data-driving decision-making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication skills, conviction, and a strong design point of view
- Agility in utilizing a variety of discovery, research, and validation methods to drive meaningful outcomes
- Portfolio that showcases your contribution to digital products and demonstrates originality, innovation, and strong problem solving skills
- You’re always looking for new and upcoming trends in design