Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enhance the product user interface.
- Provide guidance and leadership to other engineers and team members.
- Implement code, prioritizing clean design, scalability, modularity, and componentization.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and information architectures.
- Collaborate with the quality team with the goal of reducing correction cycles.
- Contribute to and maintain a style guide as new components are designed.
- Ensure adherence to accessibility requirements.
- Keep up to date with general UI trends, best practices, design principles, and toolsets.
- Communicate/demonstrate the value and rationale of UX decisions to stakeholders.
- Partner with users, clients, product managers, and software developers to define requirements, user workflows, and UI mockups.
- Interface with senior company leadership and a talented team of software engineers that work on advanced next-generation data services.
- Be able to understand customer requirements and translate them into relevant UX features.
Experience and Skills
Mandatory Requirements & Qualifications:
- Be able to legally work in Australia. No sponsorship available.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Human-Computer Interaction, Mobile Computing, Graphic Design, Software Engineering, or a related field of study.
- At least 10 years of experience in UI/UX Design, and Information Architecture.
- Expertise in frontend technologies and frameworks, such as Angular, Vue.js, Ember.js, etc.
- Expertise in designing enterprise products and complex business logic.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strength in visual design and experience designing modern, usable interactions and UIs, highlighting your process and design solutions.
- Experience with mobile-first experiences and design systems, with a demonstrated ability to think through end-to-end solutions with a strong user-centered approach.
- Experience and interest in localizing products for multiple international markets.
- Skilled in interaction and visual design with the ability to continually improve quality across our products and user experiences.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in both generative and evaluative UX.
- Ability to parse and manipulate XML and JSON.
- Experience with source code repository Git or SVN.
- Familiar with UI design patterns.
- In-depth knowledge of web applications, architecture, and REST APIs.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to work independently and multitask in an agile environment.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Design/Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology.
- Experience in designing and implanting UI/UX for multi-platform applications.
- Good strategic thinking skills.