Polaris Alpha (“Polaris”) provides advanced technical capabilities, specialized domain expertise and mission critical solutions to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. The company has approximately 1,300 employees with major offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA and works on-site with our customers both domestically and internationally.
Our Space Operations Division is passionate about making America the undisputed leader in Space because we understand that ensuring our nation’s security for future generations depends on it. Polaris creates game changing space solutions by teaming highly respected subject matter experts with brilliant technologists. Are you a user interface developer looking for an opportunity to grow your skillset? Do you want to be part of a team that is helping the government solve major national security challenges in the space domain? We need your help.
Our team is looking for a senior user interface developer who can work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. In this position, you will be a member of a small and senior team supporting activity as a member of Polaris Alpha’s Space Operations Department. You will work with space analysts and software engineers to determine the best way to develop and enhance space situational awareness capabilities. Applicants will work on specific technical tasks as defined by the customer and program/technical management.
Additionally, you will serve as a GUI/UI Functional Lead within Space Operations. This means you will coach, guide and mentor other UI developers, facilitate code reviews and share best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering field with 6-12 years technical experience. Relevant domain experience may be accepted in place of a degree.
• Experience with standards-based web design using HTML5 and CSS3
• Experience with AngularJS, RequireJS, d3, SystemJS, Webpack, JSPM, Angular, or Typescript
• Experience with standards-based web design using HTML5, CSS3, NPM, Node, Gulp, ES6(ECMAScript), JQuery, Bootstrap
• Experience with thin client 3D visualization leveraging webGL, three.js or similar technologies
• Experience in object-oriented analysis and design techniques
• Experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) tool (e.g. Subversion, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience leading and coaching other developers
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• High level of self-motivation, desire to deliver stellar solutions and willingness to work in a distributed team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative/distributed team environment
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• This position requires the selected candidate to hold an active Department of Defense security clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.
• Working understanding of the W3C Web Component standards
• Experience developing web applications from the ground up
• Experience with Git, Jenkins, Maven or similar build systems
• Proven track record of identifying and championing new technologies that enhance the end-user experience, software quality, and developer productivity
• Working knowledge of the US intelligence community and DOD systems
• Current & active TS/SCI security clearance
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.