What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management. Job Description Summary Bank of the West is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work within the Digital Channels team to develop and support www.bankofthewest.com as well as other in-house developed digital applications and services. Responsible for the overall design, development, modification, testing, and/or implementation of short- and long-term software solutions to meet both business and technical needs. Review and translate business requirements into technology solutions. Work within an agile project team to deliver digital solutions. Essential Job Functions
- Advise and lead UI software development services.
- Develop new user-facing features and solutions to meet Marketing, Product, and UX/VD requirements.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UX/VD requirements.
- Share recommendations and technical solutions as well as alternative solutions with the overall project team.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Conduct a wide range of quality control tests across both desktop and mobile to ensure that developed software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements.
- Participate in agile sprint planning, sprint grooming and retrospectives.
- Contribute to release planning and deployment guides as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate application support activities with key stakeholders.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to team members as needed.
- Participate the development of software policies, standards and procedure.
- 7+ years of experience translating wireframes and visual designs into quality code.
- Experience with server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX.
- Experience with image authoring tools.
- Working knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and relative solutions.
- Understanding of SEO principles, analytics and web standards.
- Working knowledge and applied experience of ADA compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with enterprise CMS (i.e. Sitecore).
- Experience with TFS and HP Quality Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.