Absolute Software is looking for an experienced and talented User Interface Designer and Developer with full stack web application development experience in a Linux/Unix environment. The candidate should have the ability to prototype, design and build a responsive web application using well known web development application frameworks.
- Prototype, model and design innovative and responsive user interface designs
- Analyze vast amounts of data and develop a new complex frontend to visualize and display raw as well as derived data in a multitude of ways
- Develop a fully functional web application that aligns with business objectives
- Define development practices and coding architecture that supports a secure, high performance, scalable and maintainable web application with optimal resource utilization
- Promote agile and strict test and validation practices
- Stay on top of latest technology trends, libraries and frameworks relevant to develop captivating user interfaces and data visualizations
- Bachelor’s degree in CS/EE
- 5+ years of professional web application development experience
- Hands-on expertise in MVC frameworks (e.g. Django)
- Hands-on expertise in client side UI frameworks such as BootStrap, AngularJS, ReactJS etc.
- Experience with prototyping and wireframing tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch or Axure
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as d3, Protovis, HighCharts etc.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, Elastic Search and Kibana is essential
- Working knowledge of using RESTful web services and APIs
- Experience working in an agile development environment with local and remote teams
- Working knowledge of different data infrastructures: RDBMS and NoSQL
- Experience identifying browser performance bottlenecks and optimizing render and interaction speed.
- Knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes would be beneficial for the role
- Experience working in a Linux environment and using relevant tools for development and testing
- Programming experience in Python, Ruby or Java