About the Role
Spin Product QA team plays a vital role in the software, hardware, and IoT releases of the company. We are looking for an exceptionally skilled thoughtful QA automation engineer with an eye for quality to make a positive impact on the user experience. Work in a fast-paced environment, take ownership of automating our mobile apps and backend systems and work closely with the product, engineering, and QA team to help build a unique experience for our users.
- Create and execute automation test cases and scripts to test mobile apps (iOS and Android), web and APIs.
- Coordinate with the development and product teams to prioritize features, provide accurate estimates and manage bug fixes.
- Collaborate with your QA team peers but also work independently to increase the coverage of test cases and improve overall software quality.
- Develop and execute regression, system, performance, and scalability tests against our technology stack.
- Review unit tests and integration tests built by engineering teams.
- Produce clear defect reports with details on how to reproduce the issue.
- Participate and contribute to daily stand-ups, and sprint ceremonies.
- Provide technical support to non-technical team members.
- 5+ years of automation engineering experience with a combination of Swift, Kotlin, Selenium WebDriver, and Python.
- Proven experience with automation testing of APIs using tools such as Postman.
- Knowledgeable in SQL and ancillary QA tools such as Jira, Zephyr.
- Experience with CI/CD, using TeamCity, or Docker-like services.
- Ability to coordinate with engineering and product owners to provide efficient feedback, and to a certain degree help maintain the architecture for the automation framework.
- Experience with testing cross-platform applications using automated tools.
- Exposure to and experience with an industry-leading cloud-based application.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, a self-starter, and a great communicator.
- Demonstrate high ownership and ability to drive issues to resolution.
- The ability to communicate with non-technical team members and explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand way.
- Highly organized, with the ability to juggle many tasks for multiple projects simultaneously in a very fast-paced environment.