Summary - Telecom Technician
As an NEC Sr. Telecom Tech, you will be responsible for performing intermediate to complex installation, maintenance, and change order services at a major customer location for NEC systems, applications, and associated equipment, often in a lead role. You will escalate unresolved issues as appropriate. This position is for on-site technician support at our client in Monterey, CA. Excellent customer service and communication skills are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- 50% of your time will perform intermediate to complex installation, maintenance, and change order services on NEC systems, applications, and associated equipment.
- Troubleshooting of NEC equipment and/or Telco circuits at customer
- locations. Taking corrective action and making changes/adjustments as required.
- 20% Lead or assist on projects, installations, and change orders, as directed.
- Work with management or project management on the coordination of logistics for large move/add/change services.
- Assist in providing innovative solutions to the existing customer base.
- Perform basic VoIP network readiness assessments using appropriate software and equipment.
- 10% Provide on-site and remote technical assistance to other resources and to customers.
- 10% Provide sales support for surveys and meetings as directed by management.
- 10% Additional duties as required. Including but not limited to performing administrative duties, and completing appropriate paperwork and documentation according to deadlines, as required.
- Education: Some college-level technical IT/Telecommunications) or Business coursework preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of five years of related practical experience working with NEC systems and applications required. Ability to configure NEC systems and applications to meet customer requirements required. Ability to replace data hardware and perform basic data hardware restoration procedures required.
- Ability to perform move/add/change activities on NEC IP Telephony products required. Good working knowledge of and practical experience with DC power systems required.
- Excellent Professional Customer Service Skills- Working at a client site
- Certifications, Licenses, etc: SMB PBX Certification is a plus. Certifications from other manufacturers will be considered. Industry certifications(Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCP, etc) preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the principal state of employment.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Language Skills: Business – Professional Business English
- Mathematical Skills: - Basic Math
- Reasoning Skills: Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Computer and/or Technical Skills: NEC's SV PBX's, OW5000, GNAV applications supporting a multisite environment. Knowledge of VoIP based telephony networks.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- General Work Environment: Office- Client site
- Noise: Moderate noise encountered as is typical to office environments, street traffic, construction sites, and urban/suburban
- customer settings.
- Standing/Lifting: Regularly required to sit and occasionally required to stand, bend, crawl, or stoop. At times may need to work on a ladder or lift. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds individually, more with proper equipment and assistance.
- Visual: Clear
- Stress: Frequent moderate-to-high stress levels, due to deadlines and inherent sense of urgency associated with the telecommunications/networking industry.
- Travel: Daily local travel within the assigned area. May be required to work outside of the assigned area or region, as required. A company vehicle will be provided.