The legal team works closely with other departments throughout the company, but is also very focused on internal teamwork and professional development opportunities. Our Sr. Trial Attorney provides legal representation to insureds of the Company in defense of litigated claims. Provides advice to the claimsdepartment of the Company and represents the Company in certain litigated matters. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
This position may be remote and therefore car travel would not be necessary
- Dictates/prepares pleadings, motions, briefs, letters, memoranda, reports, articles, etc. using the Company’s legal case management software, dictation and voice recognition equipment.
- Engages in various forms of paper discovery practice and conducts depositions and other pre-trial examinations.
- Communicates with, meets and regularly updates the client and claims personnel regarding the status of pending matters. Communicates with opposing counsel, the courts and others as needed.. Communication media include telephone, US mail, e-mail, etc.
- Researches issues using Lexis and other computer/web based data sources, as well as using legal treatises, law reporters and other library materials.
- Provides support services to claims, underwriting and otheradjunct departments in the form of legal opinions, recommendations and digests of recent developments in decisional and statutory law.
- Controls and directs clerical activity, in accordance with office protocol, necessary to support function of position.
- Reports to managing attorney concerning status of matters and provides other information as requested. May supervise other attorneys in the office and may also provide managerial assistance, such as assignment of new files.
- Tries cases to conclusion before judges, juries and other triers of fact.
- Engages in other activity as directed by the managing attorney.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Explorer or similar required. Typing skill required. Legal case management software experiencepreferred.
- Excellent customer service, writing and oral communication skills required.
- Admission to the state bar and the federal bar is required.
- Juris Doctor from ABA accredited law school required. Member in good standing of the Bar of the jurisdiction required.
- At least 15years legal experience in the jurisdiction required. Trial of at least 15 matters to conclusion before trier of fact preferred.
Job ID 5789