The primary function of the Senior Treaty Associate is to manage the development, analysis, drafting, negotiation, maintenance and execution of treaties and amendments for assigned clients for all Lines of Business.
1. Treaty and Amendment Responsibility - Responsible for applying reinsurance technical expertise and experience in order to apply the most effective, accurate and complete analysis of treaty terms and exhibits and their impact on our client. Accountable for drafting, reviewing, comparing and analyzing treaties, amendments and Letters of Intent, and other related documents, consistent with the terms reflected in the actuarial quote and/or Letter of Intent. Assist with negotiation of treaty terms via conference calls and emails and in most instances act as the project manager of the treaty/amendment process. Document details of discussion and recommend courses of action that resolve differences between our client and its clients including providing guidance and recommendations to all business areas. Utilize problem solving skills to develop unique and creative ways to express a concept or thought in words.
2. Treaty Maintenance and Upkeep - Maintain an organized system of managing the numerous drafts and versions of each treaty and for processing and tracking all treaties and amendments. Primary responsibility for ensuring the final, correct version of each treaty is executed by both parties and filed according to our client?s procedures and maintaining pending logs to track progress and pending work.
3. Systems Responsibility? Timely and accurately enter and maintain information on Treaties and Factors system, treaty project log, and Dynamics.
4. Industry Knowledge - Understand industry influences on treaty language. Recommend best practices and unique and creative ways to protect our client from undue risk while moving business forward.
5. External Client Liaison - Develop, foster and maintain positive and professional external client relationships. Significant client contact is required.
6. Internal Client Liaison - Develop, foster and maintain positive and professional internal client relationships.
7. Special Projects - Provide high level review and expertise on various internal projects including due diligence treaty reviews, managements requests for treaty analysis.