- Job type: Direct hire
- Industry: Insurance
- Experience level: Mid-senior
- Education level: Bachelor?s degree
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Zip code: 30346
- Relocation assistance: Yes
- Reinsurance experience
- Complex reinsurance structures
- Reinsurance types
- Treaty negotiation
- Treaty expert
- Experience required: 5Years
- Visa requirement: Only US citizens and Greencard holders
- Number of positions: 1
The primary function of the Senior Treaty Associate is to manage the development, analysis, drafting, negotiation, maintenance and execution of treaties and amendments for assigned clients for all Lines of Business.
1. Treaty and Amendment Responsibility - Responsible for applying reinsurance technical expertise and experience in order to apply the most effective, accurate and complete analysis of treaty terms and exhibits and their impact on our client. Accountable for drafting, reviewing, comparing and analyzing treaties, amendments and Letters of Intent, and other related documents, consistent with the terms reflected in the actuarial quote and/or Letter of Intent. Assist with negotiation of treaty terms via conference calls and emails and in most instances act as the project manager of the treaty/amendment process. Document details of discussion and recommend courses of action that resolve differences between our client and its clients including providing guidance and recommendations to all business areas. Utilize problem solving skills to develop unique and creative ways to express a concept or thought in words.
2. Treaty Maintenance and Upkeep - Maintain an organized system of managing the numerous drafts and versions of each treaty and for processing and tracking all treaties and amendments. Primary responsibility for ensuring the final, correct version of each treaty is executed by both parties and filed according to our client?s procedures and maintaining pending logs to track progress and pending work.
3. Systems Responsibility? Timely and accurately enter and maintain information on Treaties and Factors system, treaty project log, and Dynamics.
4. Industry Knowledge - Understand industry influences on treaty language. Recommend best practices and unique and creative ways to protect our client from undue risk while moving business forward.
5. External Client Liaison - Develop, foster and maintain positive and professional external client relationships. Significant client contact is required.
6. Internal Client Liaison - Develop, foster and maintain positive and professional internal client relationships.
7. Special Projects - Provide high level review and expertise on various internal projects including due diligence treaty reviews, managements requests for treaty analysis.
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- Strong working knowledge of the reinsurance industry, complex reinsurance structures, reinsurance types
- 5+ years of life insurance and/or reinsurance experience
- Strong working knowledge of life reinsurance treaty provisions/terms as evidenced by industry experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with internal and external clients and represent our client with professionalism and integrity
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Computer literacy and proficiency (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)