Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Senior Transportation Project Manager in our Denver, CO (Englewood) office.
The Senior Project Manager will direct project management, planning, scheduling, oversight, data development, and reporting supporting Transportation projects involving geospatial technologies. The Senior Project Manager will work with cross-functional teams to develop detailed deliverables, establish and improve client relationships and growth, and secure repeat opportunities within a client base. This candidate will lead the growth of the CDOT business in the Western United States region and may assist projects in other states by providing geospatial/design services and working with cross-functional teams to develop detailed deliverables.
- Develop a pipeline of business/contract opportunities with CDOT in Colorado and other DOT clients in neighboring states.
- Identify and communicate business growth opportunities and serve as a CDOT/DOT geospatial Subject Matter Expert Participate in shortlist presentations for prospective clients
- Facilitate scope meetings with clients to construct needs analysis and project definitions
- Direct and collaborate with cross-functional teams across all project phases
- Analyze project resource needs and work with Discipline Leader/Team Leader/Market Leader to determine budget and appropriate resources for projects.
- Create a detailed project scope, schedule and labor multiplier (fee)
- Develop and communicate work breakdown structure to Discipline Leader/Team Leader/Market Leaders.
- Ensure deliverables and quality standards are met in accordance with the agreed scope, schedule and budget
- Collaborate with senior management to resolve schedule and budget problems as they arise and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident
- Facilitate client-facing change management and provide on-going communication throughout the project
- Conduct project close-out meetings and documents lessons learned
- Manage, monitor, and forecast metrics including: Profit and Loss, Sales, and Net Revenue for the portfolio
- Accountable for the successful delivery of assigned projects
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience driving new business development and delivery oversight for projects including but not limited to: aerial/mobile imagery and LIDAR surveys, traditional topographic Right-Of-Way (ROW) plan development to CDOT standards
- A valid professional Engineering or Surveying license in the state of Colorado is required. licenses in neighboring states are highly desired.
- Demonstrable knowledge of AutoCAD 2013/2016, Civil 3D, Open Road, MicroStation, Trimble Business Center and Microsoft Suite
- Exhibit working knowledge of the Public Land Survey System
- Must be able to travel 20% to client sites
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong technical proficiency required, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
- Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives