We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for a Senior Transportation Project Manager/Project Engineer to work with a team of professionals in planning and designing projects that make a difference in our community. The candidate will apply a diversified knowledge of transportation planning, engineering and design principals to a range of projects both locally and in support of other locations. The candidate will interface with project stakeholders, public and clients at project meetings and public open houses.
The role of Senior Transportation Project Manager/ Project Engineer will:
- Lead or support multimodal planning for local and regional jurisdictions (DOTs, MPOs, and local agencies).
- Evaluate and apply urban design, planning, and site design methodology to transportation and civic focused systems and sites.
- Develop and manage project design work from proposal through submittal of final plans, specifications and estimates for transportation design project for highways, intersections, ped/bike and ADA projects.
- Interface with clients and lead client development to help expand our transportation practice.
- Involvement in planning to include corridor, transit, safety, long-range, system-wide, policy, and active transportation.
- Participation in local and national conferences to include presentations of technical topics or projects.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline.
- PE licensure in Idaho or ability to obtain through reciprocity within 6 months of hire.
- 12+ years of experience in civil engineering with an emphasis in transportation engineering.
- Experience leading projects, project teams and working with local agencies or government.
- Experience using Microstation with Inroads, AutoCadd or other CAD design software.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Masters in Civil or Transportation Engineering
- Exhibits excellent communication, written and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment, believes in providing high quality work and outstanding customer service.
- Enjoys mentoring and teaching other staff.