About Us At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward. HDR is currently seeking a Sr. Transportation Project Manager to work as a member of our Transportation Team.
Primary Responsibilities In the role of Senior Transportation Project Manager, we'll count on you to:
- Lead and manage the entire design process from qualifications proposal through preparation of Plans, Specifications and Estimates for construction of moderate to large transportation projects.
- Championing marketing pursuits, coordination of all disciplines (roadway, structural, traffic, geotechnical, public involvement and environmental) and sub-consultants involved in the project team, coordination with project owner, technical supervision of roadway design tasks and capability to perform roadway design, project schedule and budget management, and quality control management.
- Will perform quality assurance checks on major transportationinfrastructure
- Will likely assume Project Management duties and client interaction
- May supervise work of other professionals and technicians
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering is required.
- PE license is required.
- 10+ years of experience in all aspects of roadway engineering design is preferred.
- Previous work experience with MDT projects preferred.
- Experience should include urban and rural highways, interchanges, intersection design, traffic management, transportation planning, preparation of concept alignments, geometrical layout and CADD base alignment plans.
- Must have coordinated survey, drainage and utilities and layout of various site items.
- Experience with Microstation, Geopak, Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills and ability to work with various teams.
- Project management skills desirable.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Preference will be given to local regional candidates.
Why HDR At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.