DEA’s Los Angeles area offices are looking for a Senior Transportation Project Manager to participate in Project Management and Business Development activities for our California Region Roads and Highways group. This position can be located in either our Los Angeles, Tustin, or Ontario, CA offices.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Working with the California Region Roads and Highways Group Leaders to ensure the region meets Business Unit metrics and DEA’s stated key results including, but not limited to, sales, backlog, growth, utilization, accounts receivable, employee satisfaction, team satisfaction, client satisfaction, profit, at-work revenue factor, operating income, and days sales outstanding
- Ensure excellence in project execution for on-time, on-budget deliverables of quality that meet or exceed the industry’s standard of care
- Working with the California Region Roads and Highways Group Leaders to ensure office resources are available to complete existing project work as well as work committed to in proposals
- Serve as a pursuit champion as appropriate with a focus in Los Angeles
- Provide support as necessary to ensure consistent, effective business development and project delivery
- Ensure appropriate staffing and workload balancing for assigned projects and staff considering available resources, staff skill sets, and career development opportunities
- Partner with appropriate Business Unit staff to support employee development and career growth opportunities for project delivery staff
- Attract, develop, and retain key talent; set expectations; manage performance, reward top performance, and correct poor performance
- Provide design leadership and guidance to staff. Review engineering documents and deliverables for compliance with contractual requirements as part of DEA’s Quality Management requirements
- Adhere to firmwide tools, processes, and policies including project accounting (set up, budgeting, etc.), contracting, and quality requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 10 years of applicable transportation design work
- 2+ years as Project Manager on Los Angeles area local agency or Caltrans road and highway projects
- Professional Engineer in California
- Ability to communicate and work in a team oriented environment
- 15years of Transportation design experience
- 5 years of Project Management experience
- Experience with Caltrans District 7
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of moderntransportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today’s transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow’s growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on four markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Job Code: 1223