Senior Transportation Engineer
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination – our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for a wide array of roadway, bridge, transit, and airport projects throughout New England. We are a trusted partner of state agencies and municipalities in helping advance projects from feasibility and concept development through design and construction. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec’s New England Transportation group has an immediate need for a talented, team focused Senior Transportation Engineer with a minimum of 10years of experience working on roadway/highway design, transportation planning/traffic engineering, stormwater and utility design projects. The positions are flexible in location between our South Burlington, VT, Scarborough, ME, and Bedford, NH office.
This position is for an individual with 10+ years progressive design and project management experience on municipal and agency projects of varying scale and complexity. You will play in integral part in delivering high quality technical services and tracking overall project performance. You will have an opportunity to help to pursue new projects and grow our transportation practice and project portfolio in New England. The ongoing success of our group will allow you to set the pace of your career.
In this role, you will:
- Design roadways in accordance with AASHTO and DOT specifications and CADD Standards using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Develop design plans, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Prepare engineeringreports and technical studies.
- Effectively present information at project interviews, meetings, and public hearings.
- Lead and contribute to interdisciplinary project teams.
- Guide and mentor junior staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- BS degree in Civil Engineering. Post graduate degreepreferred.
- PE required.
- 10+ years design experience.
- Prior consulting experience and established client and agency contacts are desirable.
- Experience developing and working within an approved scope, budget and schedule.
- Strong client interaction and relationship skills.
- Team player and positive attitude.