We are currently seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer/Project Manager for the Transportation-Infrastructure Practice.
This position would be responsible for marketing and managing roadway design, major transportation projects for FDOT and other similar clients as well as assisting Region and Practice Leaders in continuing to build the transportation engineering practice in Tampa, FL. The ideal candidate will work closely with clients, engineers, architects and subconsultants to ensure that their needs are met. Additional responsibilities include: serving as Project Manager for design related projects, Program Manager for major GEC programs, Project Manager for significant and strategic assignments, implementing quality control procedures for all projects and performing marketing efforts to fulfill the firm’s strategic objectives for the transportation practice.
- Bachelor's or Master's of Engineering degree or other professionally recognized equivalent discipline from an accredited university
- 15+ years of work experience within the field of highway design and transportation engineering.
- Complex interchange design experience is a plus.
- Previous experience as a GEC project manager or as a senior member of a GEC team is a plus.
- Must have professional registration (PE) within the field of engineering with the ability to obtain a Florida PE within 6 months
- Knowledge of Design Build process
- Experience in a leadership role on contractor-led D-B projects and/or pursuits
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Highway Design programs (Microstation V8) required for use in completing assignments
- Experience as a leader of the profession of engineering within the community
- Ability to manage multiple professional projects, as well as, design teams, staff and clients.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and marketing experience.
- Extensive experience managing highway design, schematic design, and/or GEC projects in Florida
- Recent experience with and knowledge of FDOT policies and procedures
- Experience building and managing a design or program management team