We are currently seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer / Office Leader to join the Transportation-Infrastructure Practice in our Fairfax, VA office.
The successful Office Leader must demonstrate the ability to perform diverse and complex work tasks requiring extensive engineering, communication, and management expertise. The successful candidate will also serve as a Project Manager taking a leadership role in project plan production and quality control/assurance procedures, while working with existing clients and identifying new clients to maintain a profitable operation and interactive working environment. The Office Leader will have a proven record of successful business development and marketing activities and be able to develop and implement a business and growth plan for the Fairfax Office, in coordination with RS&H National Market Leaders and Region leader. The Office Leader will have the ability to learn internal RS&H processes for project management, financial budgeting/billing, business and contract transactions, negotiations with clients and human resource activities.
- ABET accredited Bachelor's in Civil Engineering;
- Professional registration (PE) in Virginia required with Maryland or District of Columbia or other states preferred;
- Minimum 15 years of progressive leadership experience within the field of civil engineering/roadway/traffic engineering studies;
- Knowledge of and project management experience working directly with VDOT, DCDOT or MDSHA/MTA;
- Experience working on complex transportation projects and administering contracts
- Strong supervisory skills leading multiple teams and people; and established client relationships/marketing and business development experience
- Master's of Engineering degree, M.B.A. or other professionally recognized equivalent discipline;
- Experience leading diverse transportation projects using Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build and Alternative Project Delivery projects;
- Experience leading or working with large, multi-discipline teams;
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail along with overall quality control and management;
- Conscientious of project schedules and deadlines involving deliverables (including interim deadlines). Ability to track individual project tasks. Financial management of individual and overall project tasks;
- Knowledge of VDOT, FHWA and other transportation agency procurement methods; and
- Previous experience as team or office leader preferred
Goals and Objectives:
- Identify new clients to RS&H and pursuing potential opportunities in coordination with Mid-Atlantic Region-North (MAR-North) priorities;
- Development of an office specific business plan that is consistent with the priorities of RS&H and MAR-North that meets or exceeds the identified goals for sales, gross revenue, net service revenue and EBBIT; and
- Build an office and interactive working environment in the Fairfax Office that highlights the team’s strength and creates a strong work-life balance for RS&H Associates.
In addition to the position’s skills, education and experience requirements, the following RS&H competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
· Change Orientation
· Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans to complex interchanges, major roadway, and segmental bridge designs, our teams provide the highest quality planning, environmental and engineering design solutions to our clients. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving and improving the overall quality of life. By joining our team, you too can lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.