We are currently seeking a professional Senior Transportation Engineer for highway/roadway design to join our growing team in Jacksonville, Florida. You will have the opportunity to be the technical expert on numerous Florida projects and ensure that work is done in a timely and industry standard way.
- Serve as lead engineer for highway/transportation design (including horizontal and vertical alignments, cross sections, alternative analysis/design, and quantity calculations) and plan production.
- Perform design calculations
- Prepare summary reports
- Organize scheduling of specific tasks and assignments
- Coordinate with other disciplines and internal Project Managers
- Assist with proposal preparation and business development efforts
- Review and manage technical production on projects.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering required
- A minimum of 11 years of highway/transportation design experience
- Must have a Florida Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) experience required; FDOT District 5 experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Bentley (OpenRoads, MicroStation and Geopak) is required
- Strong skills in highway design, good time management skills, a strong work ethic, and a willing desire to learn.
- Drainage design is a plus.