Senior Transportation Engineer
Successful candidates should be able to:
Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate transportation engineering work. Conceptualize the initial design approach for major phases of large roadway projects. Develop and review roadway design plans. Perform various aspects of roadway projects including geometric design, right-of-way plans, storm drainage design, utilities, signing and marking, and erosion control design.
Prepare engineeringreports, plans and specifications for major projects. Design and produce engineering drawings based on calculations. Check, interpret and revise engineering drawings. Prepare and review plans and technical specifications, contract documents and estimates. Conceive, plan and conduct research in complex problem areas. Resolve a variety of complex problems (e.g., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
Participate in contract bidding and administration. Supervise and observe the design and on-going progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with city, state and county officials and other outside agencies.
Coordinate projects with clients, contractors, outside consultants and firm staff. Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to project. Supervise the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering or Transportation Engineering
- Minimum of 12years of transportation/roadway and drainage design experience is required. Traffic and safety design experience is a plus. FDOT project experience is a must.
- Project management experience is required.
- Professional Engineer, P.E. certification is required.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in an understandable way to clients
- Knowledge and skill in MicroStation and AutoCAD techniques and principles preferred. GeoPack experience is a plus. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering principles, practices and techniques. Ability to demonstrate strong organizational, project, and time management skills. Ability to be proactive in determining the necessary steps to meet objectives and performance expectations of position. Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills. Ability to interact professionally and comfortably with a variety personalities and communication styles. Adept in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues. Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.