Ready to put your design skills to work on marquee Infrastructure projects that will change the urban fabric of our community? Would you enjoy working closely with other Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design? Parsons is now hiring a Senior Designer for our rapidly expanding transportation projects located in Burnaby. Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your design knowledge and technical skills will propel your career forward. We need our Designers at this level to apply applying the more advanced CAD techniques. In this role you will develop difficult and complex layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge, that they meet company and industry standards and codes. Responsibilities:
- Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare difficult and complex layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge. Interprets and ensures conformance to applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures. Understands and utilizes more advanced software to complete assignments.
- Works closely with Engineers and other disciplines to ensure coordinated design systems.
- Meets layout requirements and develops alternate design layouts of systems as required.
- Ensures compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Reviews supplier data and supplier/manufacturer drawings, as required.
- Checks orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) drawings prepared by others. Performs checking procedures as appropriate to the discipline and assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Assists in training lower-level Designers in various procedures.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 2-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Requirements include strong PC and CAD skills, as well as efficiency in utilizing computer software to complete design assignments.