Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Designing transmission lines from 69 kV to 765 kV.
- Strategizing and meeting with peers and clients to determine specific project needs and requirements such as conductor selection, pole utilization, and route optimization.
- Working with vendors to identify potential materials, equipment, and new design solutions to solve dynamic client requirements.
- Utilizing PLS-CADD to review and check transmission line models, conductor sags, plan and profile drawings, and verify right of way requirements.
- Coordinating small design teams as needed in order to develop budgets, prepare scoping documents, design criteria, and project deliverables.
- Providing clients with engineering assistance during construction, and be available to attend construction meetings, coordination efforts, and community outreach as needed.
- Performing other duties as required.
Required Qualifications / skills
- BS in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or similar from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with transmission line design.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of appropriate design techniques, tools, and software involved in the production of project deliverables including plan and profile drawings, structure utilization reports, and material coordination.
- Solid knowledge of NESC, IEEE, ASCE 7 and AISC.
- Solid knowledge of PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER, AutoCAD and foundation design software such as MFAD, L-Pile or similar.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- PE License preferred.
- Existing client relationships within the Transmission Design industry considered a plus.