Senior Transmission Line Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
TriAxis Engineering, a division of DEA, has an immediate opening for a Senior Transmission Line Engineer. This position can be based in either Corvallis or Portland, OR. The Senior Transmission Line Engineer’s primary focus will be as a Senior Project Manager with a focus on project development and marketing to the local coops and Native American utility authorities. This individual should be skilled in all aspects of line design and preparation of bidding and construction documents: specifications, plan and profile drawings, steel pole concept and loading drawings, assembly drawings, staking sheets, stringing charts, and guying and anchoring.
Other duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead a team of engineers and technicians in overhead and underground line design from 34.5-kV through 230-kV, or higher.
- Manage Projects: maintain technical, budget, and schedule performance.
- Develop scopes of work, design cost estimates, and prepare proposals for new projects.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Developing design proposals and managing design projects
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and contractors
- Ability to provide training, direction, and technical leadership to staff
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License
- 7-15 years of electrical engineering experience
- Recent experience with business development and winning projects
- Proficient with CYMCAP or similar cable thermal analysis software
- Ability to supervise the use of CAD tools and review the design products
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering with a focus on Power System Studies
- Proficient with CDEGS grounding software
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Owner Ship Program (ESOP)
- Profit Sharing Plan
TriAxis Jobs with DEA:
TriAxis is a well-respected electrical engineering consulting firm, providing design engineering and study services to a variety of clients, primarily utilities and generation companies. From its offices in Corvallis, Oregon, Vancouver, Washington, and Albuquerque, New Mexico the TriAxis staff has worked together for over 25 years serving many long-term northwest utility clients, investor-owned electric utilities, and renewable energy clients. TriAxis offers a dedicated team of creative people who work together to understand client needs, provide creative thinking and technical excellence, and deliver extraordinary service that exceeds expectations.