The primary duties of the Senior Transit Project Manager include:
- Planning directing and monitoring all aspects of large multi-disciplinary programs and/or projects or medium sized projects with high degree of technical complexity typically in excess of $5 million fee and involving a large program/project staff
- May be involved with the production and coordination of several programs/projects concurrently
- Establishes client relations and is involved with marketing contractual design and production meetings. Position will also include alternative delivery opportunities directing and coordinating with multiple consultants contractors and agencies and will help to establish the sequencing of projects from proposals to completion
- Conducts schematic design development and contract document work sessions at project sites in conjunction with Project staff, appropriate technical professionals and other disciplines
- Is responsible for the overall delivery of large programs/projects and coordinates staffing and workload for delivery of the program/project
- Works with clients and may be be co-located with program/project teams
- Works with appropriate internal management for project reviews
- Responsible for implementing QA/QC procedures. Responsible for execution of training for personnel as established by strategic plans
- Typically supervises large program/project staffs and acts as mentor for less experienced project managers and technical staff
- Maintains professional engineering registration
- Plan and manage all aspects of large multi-disciplinary transit projects with executive support
- Establish client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, planning, design and production meetings
- Participate in reviews with various governing agencies and stakeholders
- Coordinate workload throughout entire project development, and ensure completion of deliverables on schedule
- Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of agreed-to schedule and budget
- Work with Business/Accounting Management for project reviews and with company management as needed
- Business development including planning and preparing proposals and presentations in an effort to continue to grow the practice area
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- 15+ years related or equivalent experience in transit engineering including extensive project management experience
- P. Eng. license in Ontario is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Degree in a related engineering discipline.
- Professional Engineer registered in Ontario is preferred.
- 15+ years Transit project management/engineering experience.
- Extensive knowledge and practice of project and program management procedures is a must.
- Candidate should have excellent marketing and business development skills in addition to contacts/relationships in the Transit marketplace.
- Demonstrated business development and strategic planning skills.
- Good communication leadership planning and mentoring skills.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
: Jun 26, 2019