Senior Transit Planner
Department:VA-Tysons CornerLocation:Vienna, VA
START YOUR APPLICATION
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. (VHB) is seeking a Senior Transit Planner to join our growing Transit and Rail practice in the Capitol District market. The position could be located in our Washington, DC or Tysons Corneroffices.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The Senior Transit Planner will have the ability to develop bus operating plans for cities and regions, the bus components of major transit investment projects, Transit Development Plans (TDP), and Comprehensive Operations Analysis (COA) of bus systems. This person will also have responsibility for bus route scheduling and developing capital and operating estimates for all types of bus services including bus rapid transit and rapid bus.
- Manages multiple, simultaneous efforts including projects of various topics and complexity
- Develops, manages and maintains project schedules and budgets
- Leads development of project deliverables and provides quality control
- Works directly with client project manager and maintains a good relationship
- Prepares technical reports and analyses
- Assists in business development and identifying planning prospects
- Represents VHB at regional conferences, seminars and industry events
- Manages and prepares technical and cost proposals
- Prepares and delivers technical presentations
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of FTA and MD, VA and DC transit processes required
- Experience with planning and design for bus, BRT and commuter rail modes a plus
- Technical expertise in multiple transit planning disciplines (feasibility studies, operational analyses, service planning, capital and operating cost estimation, etc.)
- Experience coordinating with related disciplines, such as ridership forecasting, traffic engineering, land use planning and environmental planning
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills and analytical skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Strong capability in use of computer applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capability in the use of project management applications such as MS Project or Primavera recommended
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Team oriented with strong capability to work independently
- Motivated to lead and mentor others
- BS in the Civil Engineering or Urban/Transportation Planning discipline or related field
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience with at least 3 years’ experience in task leadership roles within transit/bus service planning and operations
- Knowledgeable of available transit funding sources at the Local, State, and Federal levels
- We regret to inform that we are unable to offer sponsorship for employment visas at this time.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, tohave been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.