As we continue to expand and in order to keep up with communication demands, we need to scale our L&D organization. We are looking for a seasoned people manager with a training background to lead our global team of Trainers. You’ll work in a rapidly-changing, high energy environment that demands quality, creativity and consistency all day, every day.
As Senior Training Manager, Learning & Development, you will actively manage, lead, motivate and develop a team of junior to associate-level L&D team members. The focus of the role is on leading, planning, coaching, managing performance, allocation of work and motivating the team to achieve the Customer Experience (CX) department’s SLAs and KPIs. You will be involved in developing systems, processes and trainers to achieve superior levels of service and enhance the customer experience.
- Manage and develop internationally-based team of Lead Trainers, Trainers and Training Admins (e.g.: conduct Train-the-Trainer workshops & best practices, quarterly SWOT analyses, bi-annual performance reviews and training audits (remote & local), identifying career path)
- Maintain annual new hire training schedule in collaboration with Instructional Design, CX Management, Work Force Management and Quality & Compliance department leaders
- Maintain and ensure global teams adhere to site-specific departmental process handbooks.
- Provide support on administrative tasks for Trainers (e.g.: acquisition and allocation of support resources to ensure training experience is seamless)
- Ensure facilitator resources in order to adhere to Instructional Designer’s weekly huddle communication schedule
- Facilitate weekly huddles and/or new hire training as needed
- Maintain our Training Environment (regularly sync with IT & Engineering department to coordinate updates)
- Maintain strong relationship with internal department heads, outsourced call center heads and senior management teams
- Contribute to meeting/exceeding department KPIs as identified by VP of Customer Experience (e.g.: analyzing weekly reports for trends, proactively seeking opportunities to optimize trainings and related processes)
- Must be willing and able to travelinternationally
- 7+ years previous management or leadership experience
- Minimum 4 years training experience (multi-week Instructor Led Training, remote & live)
- Excellent documentation habits, clear and concise verbal and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects within tight time frames
- Strong problem solving skills, critical and analytical thinker with experience making business decisions
- Proficient in the following programs: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, JIRA (or similar agile tool), CRM (preferably Salesforce), and at least one LMS (ideally implementation experience)
- MA in Adult Education, Adult Learning or similar or equivalent work experiencepreferred but not required.
Our Ideal Candidate Is/Has:
- Call center environment experience
- Knowledge of various adult learning theories
- Experience managing cross-functional projects with strong track record of timely delivery and impact at scale
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under ambitious timeframes in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain complex ideas concisely both in verbal and written presentations
Some of the benefits of working at SquareTrade include:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), unlimited PTO, full 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Free breakfast
- Free lunch once a month
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Company activities (from happy hours, team outings and more!)