We are currently looking for a full-time Senior Traffic Project Engineer/Project Manager to help grow our traffic engineering practice. Ideally, this candidate would initially be based in our Madison office, the hub of our traffic engineering services, to work and build relationships with our existing senior staff and talented young professionals.
Flexibility in location may be possible depending on prior experience. Our current workload includes a wide range of projects including on-callwork with State DOTs and large municipalities, traffic studies for citywide operations and major developments, and investigation into future technologies that will change the transportation industry. Join our team for exciting opportunities to advance your skills and share your knowledge in the traffic engineering arena.
- Prepare Traffic Studies and Design Plans
- Conduct field investigations as required by reports or studies
- Prepare technical reports summarizing findings
- Project management including project planning, scoping, and budgeting
- Coordinate meetings with clients, the public, local officials, and utility representatives
- Assist with mentoring of younger staff
- Assist with proposal preparation and client marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- 5 or more years of prior experience traffic engineering experiencerequired
- The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of prior traffic experience including operational analysis, micro simulation modeling, corridor studies, safety studies, signal design, and intersection design
- PE required (WI PE preferred)
- PTOE would be a plus
- Prior experience with project management and client interaction or a desire to step into that role required
- Traffic Analysis software experience including Synchro/SimTraffic, SIDRA, and HCS. Vissim, Visum, Paramics, and Cube experience considered a plus.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Involvement in professional organizations