STV, Inc. a Nationally recognized leader for delivering value and excellence in construction management, engineering, architecture, planning and environmental services, is seeking a Senior Traffic Engineer to work in our New York, NY office.
Perform Traffic Engineering Studies and Designs including:
- Conducts transportation engineering and traffic planning studies in NYC
- Traffic simulation analysis using VISSIM, Aimsun, and Synchro/SimTraffic software, and operational analysis using HCS
- Creation of pedestrian simulation model for transportation terminals, with guidance from STV staff in the use of our model software
- Writes and reviews traffic impact studies and analysis reports
- Works with multi-disciplinary teams and provide traffic inputs for environmental studies and roadway design elements such as roadway signing, pavement marking, and MPT plans, Design Approval Document, and/or traffic signal operation analyses
- Communicate directly with DOT and local agencies at project meetings
- Assists in preparation for and participate in public information meetings
- Prepare technical proposals, conduct business development activities, and establish and maintain client relationships
- BSCE degree with 8-15 years of experience; MS in Transportation Engineering is desirable
- NY PE License is required, PTOE Certification would be a plus
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Microstation, AutoTurn is desirable
- Thorough understanding of HCS, VISSIM, Synchro/Sim Traffic software is required
- Knowledgeable regarding NYC CEQR Technical Manual and NYCDOT Design guidelines and directives
- Successful project management experience meeting scope, schedules, and budgets on transportation projects/studies
- Ability to manage multiple projects or task orders concurrently
- Good oral and communication skills
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner
STV is a dynamic, growing, 100% employee-owned firm with competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package, including continuing education/professional registration assistance, 401(k) and a company-funded pension plan.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.