This is a great opportunity to lead a traffic control plan/maintenance of traffic team on major Design Build transportationinfrastructure pursuits and projects. This person will lead a team of engineering and design staff, in development of concepts and detailed designs for maintaining traffic during construction. Efforts will include: engineering calculations, field observations, quality control reviews, close coordination with the builder to align plans with desiredconstruction sequencing, and development of construction plans and specifications.
This individual must be competent in leading traffic control plans/maintenance of traffic (TCP/MOT) engineering work and demonstrate a broad knowledge of applicable highway design criteria, sound application of engineering principles, safety, design methodology, and an understanding of construction means and methods. Applicant must be familiar with highway design disciplines such as structures/walls, drainage, freeway signing
ITS, and traffic operations at a minimum. The ideal candidate is familiar with New York State highway/freeway/toll road criteria and standards relating to delivery of a transportationinfrastructure project.
- Leads, plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates all phases of the TCP/MOT engineering work as a part of a major transportation design build project. Can define and manage resources based upon project schedules.
- Performs conceptual/preliminary, intermediate, and final engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of engineers, designers or drafters, as well as performs inter-disciplinary reviews.
- Reviews cost and staff-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules and provides the same for change orders. Manages work efforts to align with project budgets.
- Ensures the TCP/MOT team is compliant with rigorous quality control process. Ensures that requisite quality control reviews occur at requisite milestones and/or phases of project work. Follows prescribed company quality control procedures.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval, as well as signs and seals the same as Responsible Engineer.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff, including subconsultants to achieve project success.
- May perform other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 15 years (20 preferred) in TCP/MOT design and design build experience on transportation projects. In addition, the following is required:
- Proven leadership of TCP/MOT engineering team (10+ individuals) delivering a major transportation design build reconstruction project including freeway/interstate type interchanges. Leadership on two projects desired.
- Strong technical writing and communications skills. Will need to communicate daily with the builder and be responsive and understanding of planned construction delivery and methodology so that the TCP/MOT designs are developed consistent with expectations.
- Experience and familiarity with MUTCD, AASHTO, and FHWA required. Experience in delivery in New York State (freeways, highways, thruway facilities) strongly desired. Experience and understanding of following programs is required: Geopak, Modeling (Inroads/Open Roads and/or AutoCAD (Civil 3D)).
- Familiarity with FAA and port authority agencies a plus.
- P.E. license in New York State is required, or ability to achieve NY PE within 3 months of hire. Current NCEES record and multiple state PEs suffice as evidence of latter.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
- Candidate will work out of an office in the New York City metropolitan area.