$80K — $100K *
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Trademark Counsel in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.6 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Trademark Counsel will provide legal support to the Johnson & Johnson global business teams and enterprise functions on a broad range of trademark and copyright matters, including strategic counseling, clearance, registration, licensing, and conflicts.
• General trademark and copyright counseling, including global clearance and registration issues.
• Management of global trademark and domain name portfolios.
• Negotiate, prepare, and manage a wide range of agreements including licenses, acquisitions and divestitures, and settlements.
• Handle a broad range of trademark and copyright conflict and enforcement matters, including legal actions and administrative proceedings on a worldwide basis; negotiate and draft coexistence and settlement agreements.
• A minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of experience at a law firm or in-house legal department of a multinational corporation is required.
• Law degree from an internationally or nationally recognized university is required along with active registration, in good standing, with a state bar.
• Experience in the areas of trademark clearance, prosecution, and conflicts (domestic and international) is required.
• Experience in copyright counseling, registration, and licensing; and trademark and copyright due diligence and transactions are strongly preferred.
• Experience developing and delivering education and training materials to various levels of business clients and partners is strongly preferred.
• Must be proficient in IP portfolio management and trademark searching software applications is requirement.
• Excellent communication and legal drafting skills; strong work ethic; attention to detail; creative problem-solving skills and an ability to work well independently, under tight deadlines, and with cross-functional teams.
• Profound dedication to quality and highest ethical values.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-One Johnson & Johnson Plaza
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Valid through: 11/21/2021
$100K — $150K *
12 days ago