Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Senior Tools Programmer, you will be responsible for the development of tools that help create our Stadia titles. You will be responsible for both the architectural design and implementation of the tooling. You will work closely with the engine team to build pipelines necessary for game production. You will interact with other domains to deliver specific tooling that meets their requirements. You will give technical oversight to the work of junior tools developers.
Stadia is Google's premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. It provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content across multiple devices with no download required. Stadia Games & Entertainment focuses on creating service games based on Stadia's unique features. Innovation, Quality and Building Lasting Communities are the pillars of our Studio(s).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of software development experience with one or more general purpose programming languages such as C or 5 years with an advanced degree, and object-oriented development
- Experience with web based user interface technologies
- Experience with CI/CD and build systems
- Experience in building Immediate Mode GUIs
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of version control systems (perforce)
- Knowledge of common DCC packages and ability to write scripts and contribute to pipelines
- Ability to model inclusive behavior and hold others accountable
- Develop new tools and pipelines - Enhance existing tools to deliver requested features - Help to create the most optimal video game development environment in the industry - Bring experience, perspective, and preferences that are not already represented on the team to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders