Senior Tooling Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • Automotive
Our client is a Tier 1 supplier of engine component parts to the Automotive industry. We helped an engineer obtain a position at this location in 1979. Under the direction of and reporting to the Engineering Manager, this engineer will coordinate engineering and technical activities concerned with the design, development, fabrication and implementation of tooling and equipment.
- Utilizing best engineering practices, policies, and procedures, coordinate the tooling and equipment development activities for new processes, products, and current production.
- Coordinates with Manufacturing/Process Engineers, Material Development Engineers, Manufacturing Management, Tooling Staff, Project Engineers, Product Engineers, Sales and Application Engineers, Customers, Quality Assurance Department, Business Unit Managers, Maintenance Personnel, Production Control, Purchasing, and External Tool and Equipment Vendors.
- Develop and review the product design to facilitate tool design and ensure that the customer's technical needs will be met.
- Develops and coordinates the tool pre-study to ensure process-ability.
- Documents and coordinates tool specifications for timely and accurate quoting.
- Evaluates and develops tooling sources.
- Manages and monitors tool shop activity to ensure fabrication is to specifications, process needs, cost requirements and schedules.
#1 Preference - BS degree and 3 plus years experience using 2D AutoCad in the design of progressive dies and other tooling in a TS16949 environment.
#2 Experience - An Associate degree or Apprenticeship and 8 plus years experience using 2D AutoCad in the design of any kind of dies.
Also, prefer all candidates to have an understanding of state-of-the-art tooling technology, assembly, and fabrication; knowledge of Q.C. fixturing and fundamental machining methods, including CNC; and familiarity with geometric tolerance, tool costing methods, and design of basic assembly equipment and fixturing.
Our client will only sponsor under NAFTA.