You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
What You’ll DoUsing your extensiveexperience, you willinvestigate and implement industry best practices in tooldesign,construction and validation across a range of material and process requirements includingplastic molding, metal part fabrication and decorative processes. You will directly manage thedesign, development andqualification of toolingdesignsrequired to deliver new productdesigns and support manufacturing capacity. Skills You’ll Need
- 10+ years tool design and fabrication experience.
- Deep understanding and experience with injection molding processing and implementation.
- Experience with tight tolerance tooling and resolving out of spec issues.
- Experience in plastic molding, metal casting, metal extrusion and metal stamping.
- Knowledge of secondary processes such as machining and decorating (anodizing, plating, painting).
- Strong material knowledge of plastics and metals.
- Proficient with the use of DFM, GD&T, SPC, DOE and Six Sigma techniques.
- Experience in tooling designqualifications utilizing Mold Flow software or equivalent.
- Experienced working with supplier plants in Asia and training their engineers to utilize new tooling materials and fabrication techniques.
- Frequent travel to Asia.
- Managing multiple development programs with overseas suppliers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with the delivery of high volume, high quality consumer electronics.
- Engineering management or program management background.
- Knowledge and experience using Pro/Engineer or Seimens NX solid modeling.
- Six Sigma certification.
- Fluency in Mandarin is a plus.