Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews tool requests, engineering models and drawings for development of new designs or modifications.
- Develops concepts for tools in support of new engineering development.
- Develops and writes tool usage guidelines for tool functionality.
- Coordinates and facilitates tool design reviews to ensure tool design compliance to Engineering and Manufacturing requirements.
- Mentors and supports less experienced tool design engineers with tooling concepts, designs and GD&T.
- Develops advanced tool design concepts and recommends improvements to tool design processes, procedures and philosophies.
*** Honda Aircraft Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer ***
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Bachelors' degree in technical field preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with OEM aircraft tool design.
- Proficient in Catia.
- ASME GDTP (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional) Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in tooling for commercial or general aviation aircraft.
- Experience with composite tooling, assembly tooling, automation, tool fabrication practices, machining practices, and metrology concepts (laser tracker/CMM).
- Experience with Master Tooling development, datum scheme development, and major structural assembly tool development.
- Proficient in GD&T and tolerance studies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
- Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.