ow this role will make an impact:
Data is critical to the success of any retail organization, and at PetSmart, it is the lifeblood that drives value by providing the information to make strategic business decisions and process improvements.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
The Senior Integration Engineer is responsible for collaborating with the various PetSmart business areas to design and build sustainable integration solutions to meet business needs and add significant business value. The individual will execute the design, build, test and deployment of the solution to ensure it meets design specification and ultimately the business requirements.
- Works with Analysts, Solution Architects and other IT teams to build detailed technical design and specification documents, to meet business needs for large complex projects, considering capabilities, risks, and system dependencies.
- Champion efforts to ensure appropriate development best practices.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects, meet business expectations, influence outcomes and maintain stated timelines.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BA/BS Degree in IT, MIS or business related functional discipline.
- Experience using the tools in the PetSmart Enterprise Integration Platform: Tibco EMS, BW 5 & 6, Informatica PC, B2B-MFT, SQL Server and Oracle. Experience with other similar tool sets can be substituted.
- Minimum 2 years hands on Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), architectures, integration patterns and best practices, such as: messaging integration (JMS), Restful APIs, SOAP, ETL and MFT.
- Strong Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) skills.
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly,our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities