Job Title: Senior Threat Researcher
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Duration: Full time permanent position
· Design, develop and test proprietary software using a range of applicable technologies, including programming languages, compilers, assemblers, debuggers, and reverse-engineering for products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs.
· Develop Intrusion Prevention signatures based on threat analysis using signature description language.
· Troubleshoot and test (including automation) IPS and Gateway AV engines on firmware. Research new ways to improve Deep Packet Inspection engine.
· Set up IPS and Malware analysis environment for specific threats affecting Windows, Mac OSX, and Mobile OS platforms in a lab environment.
· Reverse engineer and analyze new vulnerability and malware threats.
· Develop tools to automate IPS and malware analysis tasks, simulation software and administer lab environment to replicate attacks.
· Build new technology to detect and prevent zero day attacks
· Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, or MS in Computer Science or related field.
· Five (5) or more years of post-baccalaureate and progressive experience in job offered or as a Senior Threat Researcher.
· Professional experience should include the following: Vulnerability research, Reverse engineering, Signature development, Virtual environment setup.