The Senior Threat and Vulnerability Management Engineer ensures that threats and vulnerabilities to the organization's business systems and applications (both in-house and cloud-based) are minimized. The Senior Threat and Vulnerability Management Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation ofvariable factors.
The primary objectives of the Senior Threat Management Engineer are to participate and lead the delivery of Incident Response and Threat Hunting services within Humana.
The services include the response to incidents in public/private client cloud environments, digital and network forensics, memory analysis of user endpoints and servers, malware and exploit analysis, finding, analyzing and researching new exploits. It also requires to handle (leverage, create and share) threat intelligence to enhance the overall quality of services and our security posture. This role will also lead the research on new cyber security tools to complement or upgrade the existing toolset.
This is a hands-on role, requiring strong technical skills as well as a good understanding of the Cyber security problem and solutions.
• You will be responsible for the execution of incident handling functions as well as direct response to security incidents affecting Humana and its subsidiaries.
• Propose and coordinate incident response plans
• Correlate incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and make recommendations that enable containment of the threats and an expeditious remediation
• Conduct host forensics, network, forensics, log analysis, and malware triage in support of incident response investigations.
• Recognize and organize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures (TTPs) and indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to current and future investigations.
• Conducts as needed ad-hoc incident analysis
• Provide timely detection, identification, and alerts of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities, and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities
• Periodically assess the limitations of the existing methods and tools in the hunter/responder toolset and propose enhancements.
• Leverage threat intelligence, document threats as needed and share intelligence from analysis to further enhance service quality and delivery
• Coach less experienced members of the team in threat hunting and incident response topics
Bachelor degree or higher, technical discipline preferred
Minimum 5 years working experience in IT Security, preferably with exposure to security analysis, incident response and threat intelligence analysis.
Strong sense of ethics & values, ability to handle confidential situations with discretion
CISSP, GCFA, GNFA, GCIA, GCIH, OSCP and other relevant information security certifications
Big data / Analytics experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours