About our team? ElectraMeccanica has heart & soul! We hire dedicated, passionate, respectful and engaged contributors, who enjoy creating, solving and challenging the status quo. We have a dedicated team of people and continually seek to hire those who are always willing to roll up their sleeves. If we just described your personal values and work ethic here, we definitely want you to read on to see if this position sparks your interest as well.
We are seeking a Senior Thermal Engineer - CAE & Aerodynamics to join our lean and agile team in our Mesa, Arizona facility, located at 7943, East Ray Rd. Suite #129, Mesa, AZ 85212. This role reports to the Manager, Thermal Engineering. The Senior Thermal Engineer - CAE & Aerodynamics is design and release responsible for a variety of thermal management systems, including but not limited to: Cabin HVAC, Battery heating & cooling, Power Electronics cooling, and Vehicle Level Aerodynamics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct a variety of CAE development & validation activities, including but not limited to:
- Cabin Airflow Performance.
- Cabin AC Pull Down.
- Cabin Heater Warm-Up.
- Defroster & SWD Performance.
- Cabin Airflow Performance.
- AC / Heater / Defroster Ducts Optimization.
- Front-End Cooling Module Performance.
- Exterior Aerodynamics Performance.
- Coordinate test activities with 3rd party external laboratories as required such as an Aero Wind Tunnel.
- Prepare and present CAE reports and results to cross-functional teams.
- Technical Analysis of data, including written and verbal summaries, writing reports.
- Derive conclusions and recommendations based on CAE prediction outcome.
- Provide input in the creation of vehicle, subsystem & component specifications, test procedures and other technical documents.
- Evaluate and compare industry standards and specifications to ElectraMeccanica’s standards and specifications.
- Evaluate and compare competitive data (per market segment) to ElectraMeccanica’s internal data.
- Collaborate with vehicle integration engineering to define and refine vehicle specifications.
- Benchmarking of competitive thermal components, to define functional target and engineering specifications.
- Component level (heat exchangers, pumps, valves, blowers) performance testing on dedicated component test equipment.
- Review component performance versus design characteristics and make design recommendations for performance optimization and efficiency.
- Conduct aerodynamic benchmarking by vehicle class.
- Other duties as occasionally required by company management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent education) is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ overall experience in an engineering role.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Automotive Thermal CAE prediction.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with automotive Aerodynamic performance.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Electric Vehicle Thermal Systems.
- Proficiency using MS Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/ internet software.
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills – builds effective relationships across departments.
- Team player – exhibits great leadership and coaching skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional responsibilities.
- Innovative and creative – loves building in the abstract and working without procedures.
- Initiative to develop and implement process improvements. Continuous improvement outlook.
- Abides by Health & Safety standards and emphasizes their importance to team members.
- Legally able to work in the United States.