Be part of something exciting. Do you want to take control of your future? Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high profile clients in the federal space? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? If you do then join us as a Senior Tester/QA Engineer. We are looking for talented individuals with a keen eye in automation and manual testing.
We are looking for a Tester with 7+ years of experience testing large scale software applications and demonstrated ability to work in a virtual team environment. This position is Fairfax based with minimal travel required to client site.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Understanding all the business/functional requirements for automation test plan.
• Supporting system testing activities including test preparation
• Ensuring test cases and scripts cover all requirements and design specifications. Writing automated and manual test cases and test scripts based on requirements and user stories.
• Executing test cases manually or using automated test tools and supporting User Acceptance Testing and Validation Testing efforts.
• Analyzing and estimating the automation development efforts
Implementing and maintaining manual/automated test cases to fulfill the requirements of continuous Testing.
• Generating automation metrics, such as a percentage of the regression coverage and Pass Rate
for each iteration
• Researching, recommending and implementing tools as needed with the goal of increasing
• Ensuring that all automated tests are executed with stability and provide regular feedback/test
results to the supervisors on the status of quality and coverage
• Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing
and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
• Logging defects, testing/retesting defects, tracking progress and results and reporting status to the project lead.
• Creating test reports for the development team and the project management organization.
• Mentor and train QA team members on automation
• Carry out other related tasks and projects
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Hands-on experience in Software Testing
• Hands-on experience in developing automation scripting
• Experience with QA and testing using Agile methodology
• Experience testing browser-based/web applications
• Thorough knowledge of the entire SDLC, testing methodologies and their direct implementation to projects.
• Experience with various testing phases and approaches: functional, regression, integration and end to end.
• Ability to work with Business Analysts to ensure full coverage of business requirements and the ability to provide estimates on test execution.
• Thorough knowledge of the test planning and test management domains
• Thorough working knowledge of developing, maintaining, and executing test scenarios and test cases
• Strong knowledge of automation tools, such as Selenium Web Driver, VisualStudio Quality
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player with ability to work in a rapidly changing environment utilizing good time management and prioritization skills, while maintaining high quality and being flexible to customer needs and timelines
• Grants management experience a plus
• Familiarity with Azure and Amazon AWS would be an asset
• Familiarity with one of the database and SQL, such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL,
DocumentDB would be a plus
• Ability to working effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
• Able to multitask and work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Self-motivated performer with a desire to work on a project team, learning and testing software features
Position ID: J0318-2352