Job DescriptionThe Senior Test Engineer builds on the skills required in the previous levels of Test Engineer role by not only delivering thorough and efficient testing but in leadership activities such as influencing, mentoring, coaching and leading test teams for short periods of time. A Senior Test Engineer is expected to be an expert in their domain, reviews the work of others and conducts proof of concept projects on new testing approaches and tooling. In short, Senior Test Engineers must help to drive change and the direction of testing in their function; bringing team members (not just testers) along with them. Key Responsibilities• Demonstrate an in-depth level of understanding of the system under test to enable risk assessment/mitigation and detailed estimation, creation and execution of test artefacts
• Plan and execute specific testing approaches within defined stage of development e.g. rapid, risk based, exploratory, regression, security, usability etc.
• Demonstrate continuous improvement in product, system knowledge and monitor technology trends to further increase the effectiveness of the testing function and evolve Sage's testing standards and practices
• Review and maintain existing automation suites to ensure they are optimised, maintainable and as efficient as possible
• Demonstrate leadership skills including, producing effective test metrics, coaching, mentoring, influencing testing strategy, leading a team or POC project for short periods of time and providing recommendations
• Take responsibility for the full end to end testing phase, working with your own team and coordinating cross divisional test activities where necessary
• An instinctive attention to detail in all aspects of working and an ability to review the work of others and provide rich data feedback
• Able to multi-task effectively, prioritize and plan own time to ensure deadlines are met
• Good problem solving approach; always able to provide logical solutions and options
• Clear verbal and written communication style to enable conversations with all levels of stakeholder including direct customers and to ensure accurate issue recording
• Must be able to assess tasks for the best testing approach and apply these throughout the different phases of a project.
• A keen consistent interest and understanding of testing standards and trends outside Sage and the ability to engage, influence and derive action from this
• Experience of using different automation tools used across testing within Sage
• Good domain, component or product knowledge
• Proven experience in testing including experience in designing and implementing test artefacts and experience of relevant automation tools