We are looking for ?Senior ?Test Engineer for our client in Rockford, IL
Job Title: Senior ?Test Engineer
Job Location: Rockford, IL
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Become a part of the Electric Systems (ES) Simulation and Test Engineering (STE) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) department.
- Responsible for design, procurement, build and maintenance of test facilities and test setups to support the ES Systems organizations for commercial and military aircraft.
- Engineering Design, Checkout and Qualification of Aerospace Electrical Systems Design ? Involves technical coordination between disciplines, including Program Office, Systems Engineering, Circuits, Software, EMC Engineering, and other functions within Simulation & Test Engineering.
- Interpretation of the test equipment design from this coordination and from program-provided requirements documents, test equipment requests, and design review material is required.
- Expected outputs include the necessary Design Specifications and documentation to define the setup, allow test system build and provide for ongoing support.
- Procure - Creating sole source justification for test equipment parts or assemblies.
- Creating requisitions for parts and/or assemblies as needed. Build ? From the test setup specs and documentation, cabling, instrumentation and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies are created and integrated into the test system.
- Checkout ? Following build, and prior to program delivery, the test equipment must be checked against specifications and documentation for accuracy,
- and functionally verified in coordination with other engineering disciplines to assure proper implementation of the design.
- Expected outputs from this task include checkout results in the form of released Aerospace Engineering Reports (AERs) as required to document the
- verification and in support of conformity requirements as necessary.
- Design Specification (DS) development is also part of this task. Test Stand Maintenance ? This involves supporting internal customers with troubleshooting and fixing test stand issues.
- Provide ongoing test equipment support to the program, to maintain the test system, and it?s configuration as necessary. Basic Knowledge of Visio, Microsoft Office Suite (including Project).
- 3+ years of test equipment design experience within the aerospace industry required. Familiarity with DO-160 preferred.
- Electrical engineering, Test Engineering, Test Equipment Design, Test Specifications, EMC, EMI