Your Contribution to Our Mission:
The Senior Test Engineer will assist in QinetiQ's mission with the Department of Homeland Security's Customs and Border Protection efforts, and will provide direct support in the following areas:
- Works independently on duties which may include, but are not limited to, monitoring work; ensuring product quality, accuracy, and timeliness; managing several concurrent test activities at various stages of execution; and reviewing program T&E master plans (TEMP), Developmental and Initial Operational T&E Plans (DOT&E, IOT&E), and collected data for completeness, accuracy, and validity.
- Performs a variety of routine T&E tasks designed to provide experience and familiarization with FAI and DAU Test, and Evaluation methods, practices, and programs. Works under the guidance and direction of the federal Lead Systems Engineer and Test Director.
- Provides professional T&E support within allocated task resources. Performs portions of T&E tasks under the detailed direction of the Lead Systems Engineer and Test Director. Applies commonly used practices and techniques to evaluate and solve assigned problems or systems.
- Coordinates with others to assure all safety, security, environmental, and community concerns are adequately addressed. Serves as an expert for providing technical guidance and information to meet requirements.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Must possess more than 10 years of experience and a Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical discipline; or more than 12 years experience and a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical discipline. Additional applicable experience may be considered in lieu of a relevant degree.
- Meet the certification standards of DAU or DHS OTE Level I for Test and Evaluation
- Experience in government program integrated test philosophy, test regulations, and coordinated test and evaluation programs are required.
- Must be familiar with government and military drawings, specifications practices, formats and procedures.
- 5+ years direct experience in testing and evaluation of sensors, communications, software, and system integration for large complex systems, preferably in regard, but not limited to, border security and force protection. Responsibilities include:
- Recommend policies and procedures for testing and evaluation
- Develop T&E artifacts for the program’s systems acquisitions
- Furnish test plan and procedures, as well as data analysis and management plans
- Create contract data requirements lists and data item descriptions
- Develop test readiness review criteria
- Create Test Event Gate Review (TEGR) artifacts and briefings, and present strategies, plans, and results to Component Level Acquisition and Engineering officials
- Conduct developmental T&E, integration testing, and assessment testing to verify technical performance
- Test in the field, including execution of dry runs and runs for record, as well as support for pilot projects and demonstrations
- Conduct test site support, such as acquiring test support material
- Set up and analyze test data to ensure accurate and complete test evaluation, including test data management, storage, and archiving
- Analyze hardware and software failures and recommendations to vendors for corrective action
- Develop Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP)
- Participate in program-level review board, including engineering, configuration, risk and testing
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Tier 4 Background Investigation, or recently adjudicated TS/SCI with eligibility for Federal Law Enforcement reciprocity
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.