PAX Labs is an award-winning, consumer technology brand that supports responsible, adult use. Our products represent the gold standard in product quality and we aim to move the space beyond unfortunate stereotypes of cannabis users. Most of all, we want to be good stewards for a product and movement that enhances many people’s lives.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technologyinvestors including Fidelity Investments, Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
The Senior Test Engineer is responsible for the definition, development, and implementation of the manufacturing assembly and test processes for all PAX products. This role will serve as the product technical expert within operations and the extended supply chain and will work cross-functionally with the Product development team to ensure products meet design and manufacturing requirements and enable a predictable quality manufacturing and support process.
- Responsible for all aspects of the test process, including data generation and reporting, and continuous improvement.
- Design and assemble test fixtures, validation fixtures, automation tools, and other components common to product development.
- Participate in NPI design verification process to ensure product meets criteria for release to mass production.
- Responsible for statistical analysis of product test parameters and equipment measurement capabilities to establish required test specifications.
- Over-see design and development of test systems at external vendors
- Drive the transfer of new product and/or the enhancement of existing product test solutions
- Develop the processes for test execution, optimization, and data monitoring driving issue identification and resolution.
- Design, develop, document and maintain production test equipment, programs and procedures at the contract manufacturers and component suppliers
- Analyze, process, plot data and generate reports, introduce new tools and processes for design validation/verification
- Site review, audits, and implementation validation at domestic and offshore contract manufacturing facilities.
- 5+ years’ experience with high volume consumer electronics design validation and production line test methodology design and implementation
- Hands-on experience in prototyping, bring-up, debugging, verification and manufacturing support for embedded systems
- Experience in test script development
- LabVIEW and/or Arduino experience is a plus
- Proficient in analog and digitalcircuit debug. RF is a plus
- Direct experience with thermal chambers, power analyzers, oscilloscopes and/or RF test equipment
- Proficient with data analysis using tools such as Python, R, Excel, LabVIEW & Minitab
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Computer preferred). Advanced degreepreferred.
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on PAX products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities