This position is a key test engineering operations resource for the MKS Global Service organization. The position responsibilities will be focused on Global Service Test Engineering needs.
- Setup, Qualify and deployment of test hardware, test stands, methods, etc… to Global Service for new and existing products
- Preparation of test plans for new/existing test stand that define stand build, upgrades, qualification, methods, strategies, and requirements for deployment.
- Obtaining and driving the requirements for Global service setup of test areas including requirements for power, water, air, etc, and floor layout.
- Verification of Test procedures, Software, Hardware, assembly instructions and provide feedback to Engineering.
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering and Service to determine test labor standards
- Provides technical support for Global Service on test related issues. This includes doing root cause analysis on re-occurring test failures and working with test engineering/design engineering on corrective action efforts.
- Key interface between Global Service and other departments/suppliers regarding to test related functions
- Trains Test Technicians in the use of test equipment, fixtures and procedures
- Error proofing (poka-yoke) new and existing test related processes.
- Justification and procurement of test hardware and other capital expenditures needed for Global Service
- Ensure Test Stand and testing processes Consistency in all MKS Repair Centers
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or 5 years of equivalent experience
- 5+ years of hands-on test engineering experience
- Able to multi task and balance work load
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong customer relations, listening, and organizational skills
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities with minimal supervision.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel