As an Sr. Test Engineer, you would be tasked with designing, developing, and implementing test strategies and automation frameworks to ensure the quality of our software products. The individual must have a passion for quality and expertise in development who will drive the adoption of quality practices across a team while leveraging Agile testing techniques in the context of a collaborative, team-based environment. Test Engineers work hand-in-hand with their team to design and build tests and automation frameworks to increase the speed and quality of the development process. They apply reasoning, logic and technical skill to validate acceptance criteria and test a story before development even begins to ensure the team is delivering on expectations. They not only detect issues but also help prevent them. They share knowledge with others and drive development practices that enable consistent code quality and product health team-wide. They ensure test-driven and behavior-driven development techniques are leveraged and optimize the development process by enhancing an integrated & automated CI/CD pipeline. This role is key to minimizing technical debt and supporting quality in an agile team. Responsibilities:
- Under limited supervision - participates as a technical expert in planning, analysis, test design / test development, test execution, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software to achieve desired results and documents appropriate aspects of those deliverables.
- Develops and enhances complex testing solutions from general requirements and specifications. Analyzes complex technical system problems.
- Leads projects or subprojects and coordinates rollouts of moderate scope. May provide coaching and guidance to other team members.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical discipline or a related discipline.
- Generally 3+ years of professional experience in a systems quality environment.
- Requires experience with automated testing and modeling tools, and a broad knowledge of business modeling, process engineering, change management and test case generation techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Experience with Event-driven real-time architecture, familiarity with MongoDB or similar NoSQL Databases.
- Foundational knowledge or proficient in new and emerging technologies such as AWS/Azure, SpringBoot, DevOps, CI/CD (Jenkins), and MicroServices.
- Experience with TDD, BDD, and automating tests relating to web service design and development.
- Ability to plan and implement all aspects of the testing process in application areas.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change effectively.