Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Senior Test Engineer (Level 3)
This position reports to the Special Process Validation and Control Team within the Supplier Quality Management organization.
- Responsible for supporting quality system audits and process surveillance and audits in the areas of heat treat, NDI, chemical processing, and welding within the Lockheed Martin supply chain.
- Will investigate, coordinate, monitor and follow-up on supplier-related engineering, manufacturing, and quality issues.
- Will lead validation and process control actions with Special Processors to ensure they are in full compliance with LM Aero process specifications and industry-standard specifications to fulfill program requirements.
- Perform technical coordination and liaison between processors, suppliers, Integrated Product Teams (IPT), and Subcontract Management personnel.
- The success of the person in this position will greatly depend on his/her ability to: interface with multiple stakeholders, effectively work in teams, and communicate with positive impact.
- The location for this job is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
- Must be a US Citizen. This position supports a facility that requires special access.
- The job requires about 80% travel throughout the United States and internationally.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What's In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package here.
- Previous experience in special processes and/or corporate audit.
- Flexibility to travel about 80% of the time.
- Demonstrated quality science expertise in one or more of the following areas: Statistical analysis, statistical process control, sampling, six sigma, FAI, PPAP, PFMEA, Red X, process auditing or validation, root cause analysis and corrective action validations, and supplier quality management.
- Current qualification as an Auditor at the corporate level.
- Bachelors degree or above in Technical discipline (Engineering, Math, or Science) or equivalent experience.
- Assesses compliance to technical specifications.
- Has held a Level II or Level III NDT Inspection certification.
- ASQ Certification
- Intimately familiar with Special Process (e.g. Heat Treat, Aluminum Aging, Shot Peen, Anodizer/Alodine, Prime/Paint, Clean Methods, etc.) application/conformance/compliance.
- Green Belt or Black Belt, CQE or CMQOE certification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for collaboration, communication, and presentations.
- High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals.
- Has completed LMC testing and surveyor training.
- Has a background and knowledge in quality management and prevailing quality management systems.
- Must have demonstrable understanding of special process applications for Aerospace manufacture.
Valid through: 2/18/2021