Senior Test Engineer duties include defining test requirements, generating test plans and procedures, integrating Intercommunications System hardware and software and performing Design Verification Testing.
- Interacts with other Engineering groups to define, document, analyze and interpret test requirements.
- Generates comprehensive test plans and procedures.
- Performs detailed system testing and qualification testing of ICS systems.
- Creates automated test strategies, including tester architecture. Responsible for developing and maintaining automated test suites for functional and requirement based testing.
- Generates test reports and functional comparative analysis documentation.
- Identifies functional problems and suggests resolutions.
- Debugs new software builds, identifies defects, and writes concise Problem Trouble Reports.
- Designs and builds engineering and production test fixtures used for system integration and automated testing.
- Able to work independently on tasks that are of high complexity that may involve working with engineers from other functional disciplines.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Uses existing knowledge of DO-178 and DO-254 processes to create artifacts and documentation to support FAA certification of software and complex electronic hardware.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities necessary to mentor junior engineers and drive projects to completion.
- Create schedules, prioritize tasks and manage to a budget.
- Knowledge in the use of a wide variety of test equipment and computer programs required to perform complex testing.
- Must possess basic technology knowledge of processors, operating systems, application software, circuit cards, powering, interfaces, and similar items.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used engineering practices and procedures.
- Basic solder and assembly skills.
- Software Programming and test scrip creation to support automated testing of complex hardware/software systems.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate with other engineering disciplines from an appropriate technology perspective.
- Knowledge in use of oscilloscopes, audio analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers and DMMs required
- Knowledge of DO-178/DO-254 FAA Certification Processes
- Performs a variety of tasks where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Familiar with Program Management techniques and tools.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.