Growth requires a strong foundation, and at Buchanan & Edwards, our people are our strength. They are the foundation for building the next generation of innovative IT solutions, revolutionizing the industry, and solving the nation's most critical challenges.
Let Buchanan & Edwards help you unleash your potential and reach your goals.
Come grow with us.
Buchanan & Edwards is currently seeking a Senior Test Engineer to support an on premise to cloud data migration program at the National Archives and Record Administration (NARA) in College Park, MD.
- Perform manual and automated testing on cloud-based solutions.
- Perform manual and automated testing for data migration and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) projects
- Develop SDLC documentation
- Participate in error debugging
- Must possess a minimum of eight (8) years of hands-on experience providing comprehensive business and technical solutions, and must possess the following:
- Strong working knowledge with SQL, XML, JSON, and appropriate tools for conducting data validations and verifications.
- Strong working knowledge with software testing on AWS, cloud-based services (micro services, etc.) and Application Programming Interfaces (API) for cloud service orchestration and data recovery functionality.
- Solid understanding of industry best practices for delivering and supporting Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong experience in using quality control processes to ensure that products, deliverables, and data are standardized and accurate.
- Prior experience performing system testing, acceptance testing and exploratory testing.
- Prior experience in testing in Agile development projects.
- Prior experience performing smoke & regression testing.
- Experience with defect management processes and tool(s).
- Experience with writing test plans and test reports.
- Experience with testing on multiple platforms/environments, especially on AWS, cloud environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.