LMI is seeking a Senior Test and Evaluation (T&E) Engineer to support a federal program management office (PMO) charged with planning, acquiring, and managing the deployment and operation of technology and capabilities to keep our borders safe. We are seeking energetic self-starters who are focused on practical and efficient solutions delivered by an interdisciplinary, collaborative team. The candidate will join our T&E Team and provide full-time support to the client’s program management office, located in Washington, D.C. Some travel within the United States may be required.
The T&E Engineer will work with other systems engineers, program managers, and technical subject matter experts to plan and execute technology demonstration, system development testing, operational testing, operational assessment, and other T&E related activities.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Leading or supporting the planning, execution, data collection, and reporting of technology demonstrations, system acceptance tests, and other technology and/or systems evaluation and assessment efforts
- Leading or supporting the development of engineering plans and artifacts including:
- Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP)
- Testing and Evaluation Gate Reviews (TEGR)
- Test case / scenario designs
- Systems Engineering Plans (SEP)
- Functional Requirements Documents (FRD)
- Software Requirements Specifications (SRS)
- Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
- Participating in or leading T&E IPTs and/or work groups
- Participating in program-level review boards, including engineering, configuration, risk, and test review boards
- Coordinating and tracking project activities and status and provide status reporting and recommendations to the customer
- 10+ years of relevant experience and a STEM BS degree or 7 years relevant experience and a MS degree in systems engineering.
- Experience in developing and executing T&E strategy and plans in support of large, complex programs
- Knowledge of DHS or DoD acquisition life cycle framework and systems engineering life cycle framework
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum of technical fields and engineering disciplines
- Strong problem-solving skills, organizational skills, communication skills, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent performer who can perform well in a collaborative, team environment