$150K — $200K *
The Federal Reserve’s National IT organization has an immediate opening for a Senior Test Advisor, reporting to the Assistant Vice President.
The Senior Test Advisor will contribute direction and oversight for the I2SO Test Team which tests infrastructure and applications across both the functional and performance testing sphere. Senior Test Advisors also develop standards and creates roadmaps for automated test execution. In addition, the position will participate in key initiatives in support of customer and National IT infrastructure projects as well as in the service offerings created/maintained within the I2SO and NIT organization.
The position will work closely with teams from across National IT and customers to consult and develop testing solutions that delivery business value.
The Senior Test Advisor will be called upon to provide leadership and support for critical I2SO initiatives, including services for both on-prem and Cloud.
What You Will Do:
• Provide technical oversite and ensuring quality assurance standards to environments that are designed and built in support of customer and National IT infrastructure projects.
• Work closely with the National IT and Reserve Bank and Business Line customers and other National IT stakeholders to ensure that project schedules are successfully met while ensuring the designed test strategy and test execution associated with the engagement are of the highest possible standard.
• Partner with I2SO and National IT design and build teams to identify and pursue opportunities to reduce the end-to-end delivery time with test automation/test coverage as a key component of the delivery.
• Oversee the execution of functional and performance tests, ensuring the strategies and activities are consistent with the business objectives, goals while aligning with the engagement’s overall test strategy.
• Technically contribute to areas of activity include talent management through training, mentorship, and development programs to help position testing staff for success.
• Actively participate in team continual improvement efforts utilizing (or employing) and/or creating automation/toolsets.
• Represent team in project-centric test engagements in a fashion that enhances relationships, communications, services, and quality.
• Lead cross-functional team initiatives and department process improvements; possessing a mindset of continual improvement
• Assist in the day-to-day administration of MicroFocus’s Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Performance Center (PC) toolset.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with 8-10+ years of relevant work experience in the software testing arena
• Scrum Master/DevOps certification a plus
• Cloud Practitioner or Solutions Architect certification or higher a plus
• 2+ years of experience in the design, building, coding, and execution of automated functional/regression tests using or developing a CI/CD pipeline in an Agile/DevOps environment
• 2+ years of experience in Cloud-based application testing; exposure to IaC
• 2+ years of experience leading test engagements with hands-on; both functional and performance/load
• 2+ years of experience in at least 2 of the following testing tool areas: MicroFocus Performance Center/Load Runner, JMeter, BMC Silk Performer
• 2+ years of experience in at least 1 of the following testing tools areas: MicroFocus Unified Functional Test (UFT), Selenium
• 1+ years of experience with GiT with desire to have experience in the creation/execution of GiT Runners
• 1+ years of experience with Ansible and Ansible-based testing solutions
• 2+ years programming experience in at least 1 of the following programming languages: Python, Perl, Java, .Net, Shell, R (Python preferred)
• Programming experience leveraging PowerShell a plus
• Works independently on broad assignments or under general direction as to scope or objectives.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Strong customer service orientation; ability to collaborate and influence.
• Proven ability to work in a matrixed and geographically dispersed environment.
Valid through: 12/22/2020