When it's a matter of life and death, patients and their families count on the expertise of caring professionals, who count on STERIS. Our mission is to help ensure that the environment in hospitals and surgical centers allows every patient to receive vital care without undue risk from infection or contamination. Our solutions give our Customers the freedom to focus on what they do best - caring for patients.
The Consumable Territory Manager at STERIS is the primary contact and sales consultant responsible for selling and supporting the Infection Prevention Technologies (IPT) Consumable portfolio of products. The CTM is responsible for protecting and expanding the base amount of business for Instrument Cleaning Chemistries and Sterility Assurance Products within hospitals and surgery centers.
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Car stipend and mileage reimbursement
- Business travel and related expenses paid via company credit card
- Cell phone stipend
- Excellent healthcare/ dental/ vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- A robust sales and leadership training program
- Laptop, iPad & printer
- Excellent opportunities for advancement
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the overall financial performance and Customer satisfaction in their assigned territory. This is accomplished by meeting yearly sales goals, driving growth in market share from competitors, and assuring that all Customer experiences are positive, noteworthy and exceeding expectations
- Delineate and communicate the strengths and competitive advantages of STERIS products, services and technologies and how the application of these can assist the customer in meeting their objectives. Use current available tools to provide a total solution to the Customer, to ensure their consumable needs are met.
- Call on a wide spectrum of call points within hospitals and integrated delivery networks, including Sterile Processing Departments (SPD), Operating Room (OR), Infection Control, Materials Management, Biomed and C-suite (CEO, CFO, CMO)
- Actively participate in Customer functions and associations to better enhance your understanding of the Customer's business world, and how to meet those needs more effectively
- Provide product demonstration, presentations and in-servicing based upon Customer's needs.
- Maintain thorough current and competitive product knowledge and clear understanding of market dynamics to match Company products and services to solve Customer needs.
- Regularly interface with both STERIS and other pertinent business partners to enhance overall knowledge of market, products and services.
- Participate in local Chapters AORN, IASCMM, SGNA, AACN/NTI or other relevant organizations including regional level buying groups.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of ten (10+) years successful Med-Surgical experience selling to the Acute Care, Surgery Center marketplace
- Five (5+) years successful Consumables Experience preferred
- Valid driver's license issued in one of the 50 states and a clean driving record
- Understanding of the hospital buying process including the role of National Accounts, GPO, IDN and distributors
- Established/Proven track record of sales success required
- Demonstrated ability to successfully sell in the SPD space
- Demonstrated ability to manage large portfolio of products across multiple sell points
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate large deals with senior decision makers
- Demonstrated clinical selling and concept selling skills