Tower Hill Insurance Group has an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Territory Manager who enjoys intellectual challenge and seeks a rewarding career with a company that is experiencing growth.
Not only is Tower Hill Insurance one of Florida's most trusted names in homeowners insurance, but it offers great opportunities for career advancement and personal growth, along with very competitive benefits and rewards.
We are growing at a consistent pace and seek professional individuals with drive, team mentality, who want to make an impact, and are committed to a long-term career in the insurance industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop relationships with agency customers through regular in-person visits to the agent offices. Will work withunderwriting and / or senior management to facilitate the handling of more complex risks and business opportunities.
- Represent Company and sell Company products.
- Manage agency relationships to achieve annual growth and profit.
- Pre-qualify individual risks in the field & modify existing quotes for closure based on competitive factors
- Review, pre-qualify and underwrite potential book roll opportunities on site at the agency.
- Price and bind individual risks while in an agency with authority levels granted. The position will be assigned an Underwriting Letter of Authority equivalent to at least an Underwriter II, or as determined by management.
- Underwrite a direct agency assignment.
- Follow up on larger outstanding accounts in the territory and work withunderwriting management/other staff to successful closure (binding of the risk).
- Periodically conduct field underwriting of a particular risk at the request of an agency, underwriting, or within direct agency underwriting assignment.
- Train agents on company products and systems.
- Identify and develop new agency relationships.
- Analyze market trends and competitor data within the respective territories to maximize agency growth and assist in budgeting.
- Periodically provide loss control recommendations at either agency or company request.
- Review exceptional risks and authorize agency exception and accommodation on behalf of the company.
- Thorough knowledge of niche program marketing; experience in property & general liability lines of business with ability to portfolio manage catastrophe exposures. Specific knowledge of Florida commercial lines independent agency force.
- Familiarity of Florida geography & demographics relative to the industry. Ability to use the information to identify business opportunities or challenges.
- Participation in industry related functions.
- Attendance and involvement in marketing meetings in designated areas (as required).
- Ability to analyze multivariate performance information (loss ratio, etc.) to make recommendations for tactical and strategic decisions. Develop informational reports, as well as ability to present similar materials to a wide range of groups including the executive level.
- This position will perform other duties commensurate with the position as assigned.
Although this job has no supervisory responsibilities, the TMM manages a territory with broad responsibility for profit, growth, agency distribution, and retention. Duties can include training, advisement and skill enhancement for other representatives or other department personnel.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university three to five years related experience and/or training for BOTH Marketing and Underwriting, and five to seven years in Marketing OR Underwriting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.